Simply put, a corporate event is one where a company hosts an event because they want to show that they are hospitable or social. In most cases, it will be because of the fact that they will want to meet with people from other companies, or because they will want to hold conferences and other kinds of events for people within their own company. It would normally be limited to employees, employers, board members, potential clients and clients, and that would be it. Well, photography is indeed important, and in this guide, I will give you some tips which I have learned along the way as event photographer.
- You should decide the best angles, and you should also do a recon of the room or the place way ahead of time. Make sure that you get the locations right because photos being shot are important.
- When the day of the event arrives, make sure that you dress for the occasion. You should dress to fit in. Corporate events will require you to wear a nice blazer and a perfectly ironed pant and shirt. A tie will also make you feel you belong. Make sure that you smell good to because you will indeed be surrounded by pompous suits everywhere.
- You should also bring along a zoom lens and a short lens as well. These lenses will matter because it depends how far you are from the podium. The distance matters because if you far away and if you have to take a picture of someone on the stage, you can do so with the long zoom lens.
- Make sure that you know your setting.
- You should also be sure to keep a flash handy or probably on your camera at all times.
- Since you would be surrounded by suits, you should ask permission before clicking anyone’s photo. At corporate events, some people may not be okay with having their pictures clicked, and therefore you need to ask them before you go ahead and take the photo. Permission is better than an apology.
- You should also make sure to not take pictures of people when they are eating. Corporate events will indeed have food; do not bother them when they are having their meals.
- You should also edit the pictures and deliver them as soon as possible. Corporate suits do not indeed like waiting for things and therefore, make sure that you do your job soon.
- You can actually name your price if you are an independent photographer. You should also make sure to drop your card with some people there so that they think of you for any future events.